The ex-chairman of FEFA Mr. Nader Nadery has officially resigned from the organization on June 6th 2016 after a decade of substantial work and remarkable achievements.
On June 4th 2016 Mr. Nadery informed FEFA’s board of directors that he shall no longer be available to sustain in his position with FEFA, as he is appointed to lead greater responsibilities in the government as president’s chief advisor in the strategic and public relation affairs.
In consideration of his several extraordinary achievements such as his role in establishment of FEFA, serving tirelessly for over a decade to make FEFA the organization it is today, and honoring his hard work and dedication to the cause of free and democratic Afghanistan and investing a significant portion of his time and energy to guide and lead FEFA to achieve his noble mission and vision, considering the fact that he remains ambassador at large for freedom of expression as an independent voice to protect and promote this fundamental right, and keeping the best interests of the organization on mind, ultimately FEFA’s board of directors came to take a difficult decision of approving his resignation but strongly recommends him to persist in his position as FEFA’s founder.
District coordinators are long-term volunteers who manage FEFA’s activities in district level. They are accountable to provincial coordinators but can contact FEFA’s Provincial Outreach Department in case of need.
Duties of district coordinator
1. Keeping contact with FEFA HQ through provincial coordinator;
2. Train local observers based on instructions of provincial coordinator;
3. Assignment of local observers to polling stations and controlling observers during voting processes;
4. Collecting observation findings of observers and sending them to provincial coordinator or FEFA HQ;
5. Keeping contact with electoral staff and other observers;
6. Attending FEFA’s training programs during election process;
7. Performing any other tasks given by FEFA or provincial coordinator;
Commitment of district coordinator
1. The district coordinator is obliged to keep his impartiality during election mission and consider this issue during contact with candidates and political parties;
2. The district coordinator does not work with any other similar organizations during working with FEFA;
3. The district coordinator is responsible for training and instructing local observers based on FEFA’s guideline. He is accountable of completions of observation checklists to provincial coordinator;
4. The district coordinator perform all his duties and submit his working report to provincial coordinator;
5. The district coordinator use all possibilities to implement FEFA’s program well.
6. The district coordinator promise to use every opportunities to perform the tasks better and on time.
7. The district coordinator supervise observers impartially during election processes. If he/she notice any problems will share it with provincial coordinator and FEFA.
8. The district coordinator supervise financial affairs of FEFA’s programs in district level and informs provincial coordinator and FEFA of any problem in this regard;
9. If the district coordinator wants to change his location after signature of MoU, he/she must let the provincial council know 10 days prior to changing his/her place.
10. The district coordinator cannot change his/her location without FEFA permission. In emergency cases, he/she must let the provincial council know.
Observers are short-term volunteers who are employed to observe the election process. Observers are accountable to district coordinators and report them. The numbers of observers are specified by FEFA.
Commitments of local observers
- Observing the principle of impartiality during election observation;
- The local observer cannot leave his/her duty station without permission of FEFA’s district coordinator;
- In emergency cases, he must let the district coordinator know, he/she is leaving his/her duty station temporary;
Duties of local observer
- Observing and monitoring different electoral stages and reporting to district coordinator;
- Attending FEFA’s training programs;
- Getting information about his/her duty station;
- Observing the electoral processes and polling station where he/she is assigned by district coordinator;
- Providing accurate and impartial reports from voting process;
- Keeping contact with electoral staff and observers who are in polling station;
- Performing any other duties given to him/her by FEFA through provincial coordinator.
Provincial coordinators are long-term volunteers who manage FEFA’s programs at provincial level. Provincial coordinators are accountable to FEFA’s liaison outreach department. FEFA has 68 provincial coordinator (one man and one woman in each province). Whenever, FEFA has programs for men the male provincial coordinator is responsible for its implementation and when for women the female coordinator is responsible for it.
Duties of provincial coordinator
1. Keeping contact with FEFA through provincial liaison section;
2. Setting up election observation program in provincial level based on FEFA’s instructions;
3. Representing FEFA to Election Commission and Electoral Complaints Commission in provincial level;
4. Attending FEFA’s training programs during election process;
5. Supervising FEFA’s programs in provincial level during election;
6. Implementing FEFA’s training programs in provincial level;
7. Assisting in identification and employment of observers based on FEFA’s request;
8. Assisting FEFA HQ in identification of partner organization in provincial level based on FEFA’s request;
9. Holding training for district coordinators in cooperation with partner organization based on FEFA’s request;
10. Performing any other tasks given by FEFA;
Provincial coordinator’s commitment
1. The provincial coordinator is obliged to keep his/her impartiality during election mission and seriously consider this principle during contacting political parties and candidates;
2. The provincial coordinator will not work with any other similar organization while working with FEFA;
3. The provincial coordinator is responsible for instructing district coordinators and observers based on FEFA’s guideline and is accountable to FEFA;
4. The provincial coordinator perform all his duties and report to HQ on time;
5. The provincial coordinator prioritizes implementation of FEFA’s programs in provincial level and uses every opportunity to implement the programs well;
6. The provincial coordinator promises to implement FEFA’s programs on time;
7. The provincial coordinator supervise observers activities during election processes share the problems with FEFA HQ;
8. The provincial coordinator supervise transparency of financial affairs of programs in provincial level and share the problems with FEFA HQ;
9. If the provincial coordinator wants to change his location after signature of MoU, he/she must let FEFA know 10 days prior to changing his/her place.
10. The provincial coordinator cannot change his/her location without FEFA permission. In emergency cases, he/she must let FEFA know.